I am very much against wishing the time away and I am for sure in no hurry for our little butternut to arrive, but in the past week or so, I will admit to beginning my deep longing for autumn.
I love the fall.
Its officially my favorite season.
I like the cool to warm temperatures of spring, I like the pool activities of summer and winter I mostly tolerate because I get to wear sweaters, but fall is where its at.
Fall has the best decorations (that can stay out for the longest time - spring decor can't/doesn't go out until Easter and by the end of that, its summer time) - leaves, bright, warm colors, pumpkins, gourds, hay, acorns, scarecrows, bats and wee little ghosties.
Halloween fun comes first with jack-o-lanterns and witches hats and silly monsters and then transitions to cornucopias, pilgrims hats and Indian bonnets, with dry corn cobs and turkeys made out of the hands of little boyos.
School supplies come out to play and even though we aren't *quite* in that season ourselves, who doesn't love a good notebook and pack of pens for low, low prices?
Long sleeves can be worn again and the beginnings of cozy pajamas, but flipflops and skirts without leggings aren't quite ready to be put away.
Fall smells so good! Pumpkin, cinnamon, baked apple, nutmeg, sugar and spices and all my favorite Scentsy smells.
Advent and Christmas are close enough to start thinking about and finishing up shopping for, but far enough away to not be worried or stressed. And all the fall feast days! Archangels and Mary's birthday; St. Therese the Little Flower and St. Francis; All Saints, All Souls and Christ the King; Cosmos and Damian and the Exultation of the Holy Cross; Guardian Angels, St. Jerome and St. Teresa of Avila. So much fun to have!
Fall evenings are filled with less bugs, less humidity and its still light enough late enough for boyos to play outside after dinner before bedtime.
Pumpkin patches abound and one of these days we'll get to apple picking. And not one, but two birthdays! Two!
Oh fall, old friend, I'll be so glad when you're here. No rush, mind you, but maybe once you've arrived you could stick around for a bit before old man winter shows up to ruin our fun.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Last summer, I got the first fall clothes catalog the very same day we found out we'd be moving to Tampa. I managed not to cry.
ReplyDeleteoh, boooo. yea, fall in Cali isn't quite the same either, but I can fake it with the leaf decor and fall Scentsy bars, i'm just looking for weather cool enough to turn the AC off! :-p
ReplyDeleteAll soooo true!
ReplyDeleteFall is my favorite season for so many of the very reasons you mention. LOVE it!
ReplyDelete