Monday, September 5, 2011

Introducing...

My newest baby.

Although I am still working on my certification hours, I finally got my act together about my new breastfeeding counseling business and am officially in existence.

Well, at least on the internet - I think I need to get a LLC dealy but haven't quite figured all that out.

Anyways, this would not have been possible for a design challenged slash internet stupid person like me without the labours (heh. Its Labor Day) of two amazing allstar WAH Catholic Mamas.

Alison over at Splendor Scout was providentially on Faith and Family one day, wondering aloud if anyone knew of Catholic design work. I was all, um, I don't know any but I sure need one!

Not only did my logo (and business card!) turn out beautifully, but I am still amazed by her patience and diligence with all my questions and constant "umm, what about changing this?" and "how about a different that?" and "oh, i changed the name of my business. Again." And, "why won't this print?"


Love, love, love. She let me brag on her on facebook and I am now regularly stealing her blog sketches and posting them myself (with credit given of course!)

Please consider her and her amazing skills for your next design need! She is truly a pleasure and a privilege to work with.


And then, my website.

Isn't she lovely?

Ashley of OurLittleApartment runs a fan-freaking-tastic web and blog design company (and photography! well, if you're local...) called Little Leaf: Photography and Design.

She is sincerely, without a doubt, one of the best people I've ever worked with - sooooo flexible, so patient, so accommodating, so creative and basically so amazing. She helped figure out how I broke the internet when I bought my domain name, she put up with my eight million "what about this picture?" and "how about this text?" emails and she took care of an adorable baby (one year old! gack!) and worked outside the home at the same time.

She does an incredibly thorough questionnaire when you get started detailing all the kinds of things you might be looking for. Which was great for me because I was all "ummm, I want something.... soft? But professional?"

And somehow she translated those two adjectives into blahbibbityblahbibbity internet speak and made exactly that - a soft, feminine but definitely professional website for my breastfeeding services. The first word out of my mother's mouth when she saw it? "Soft." Perfect!

So. Anyone need help nursing? :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooo, she IS lovely. I love it! (And I am sort of in awe that you worked with Ashley. Big fan of her blog.)

    And..... if you need any more phone certification hours, I have some nursing-related questions that I would love to bounce off you. My local lactation consultant is very sweet, but not particularly helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um yes, please call me! i will FB message you?

    and thanks - im Soooooo happy with how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!