The paperchain is getting shorter. Wow, I think, we've really lost a lot of links.
Then, I realize how many more are left.
My baby is almost 10 months old. That means, really, he's almost one. Holy cow, I think, he's gotten so old so fast.
Then, I realize he'll be much, much older before he sees his Papa again.
The days don't seem as painful anymore. Alright, I think, I'm handling this. Deployment isn't as bad as I initially thought.
Then, I remember how much more time is left. And I feel panicky.
Two months have passed. Huh, I think, it really does start to pass you by.
Then, I count the days until he maybe, might possibly be home.
And, I feel the little birdy in my soul fly right. out. the window.
It doesn't get easier. It just gets.... different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


"It doesn't get easier. It just gets... different."
ReplyDeleteAin't that the truth. Hang in there, sister! Also, don't hesitate to ask for help. I'm pretty sure I'm not too far from you!
I can't believe he's almost ONE!? I know your sweet Mr. misses you three something awful. He's a hero and I'm praying for you Mama xoxo
ReplyDeleteI think of you and your husband often.
ReplyDeleteI've never believed a deployment got easier but I have to admit, I've learned how to embrace the suck even better. :) You're in our prayers! :)
ReplyDelete