
I cannot even tell you how excited I am to a) kick off this "Novena" of Giveaways and 2) start us off with this Etsy store that is near and dear to my heart.
Saintly Silver & Saintly Sewing, run by WAH Catholic Mama Erin, is an awesome shop that is dedicated to "designing quality gifts to comfort and remind one of their faith." That is code for handstiching, hand designing and lovingly crafting absolutely beautiful and adorable little "Saint softies."
With saints from St. Jude and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton to the more obscure like St. Gennaro of Naples and St. Radegunde, she has been featured in a NY Times article and has a wait list for her adorable little Communion Of Saints. And, even better if you can't find the saint you're looking for? She'll design him or her just for you! Her customer service is excellent and is quick to respond with questions and inquiries both before and after you place an order. She even has special First Communion, Nativity and Mini Softies for special occasions.
I first heard about her in a write-up on Faith and Family Live on great Catholic gifts and immediately had. to. have. one. I contacted Erin about an Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Juan Diego for my Boyo's feast day in 2009. She had the beautiful OLOG pictured below but told me while she didn't have a Juan Diego currently, she'd been looking for a reason to design one. Now, she carries him in stock!


I thought these would be the quintessential "guys" to have in our Mass Bag because they are soft, silent and encourage imaginative play that is perfect for during Mass. After all, the Saints are already present, anyways, right? Even better, as they grow older, they will still be wonderful to have around because on the back of each Softie is a prayer for that specific saint - sometimes a popular one, and often a prayer from the liturgy of the feast of that saint.
When our Pumpkin was born, I knew he would need his own Saint Softies to add to the family, so St. Joseph and St. Sebastian came long.


This Advent, my sister's Confirmation Saint found its way to her stocking on St. Nicholas Day and St. Nicholas himself joined our own Mass Bag. And, when my godson was baptized in March, I knew his first saint statue really needed to be a St. Thomas Soft Saint!
Did I mention I love this woman's shop? Seriously, if I had the money I would buy every. single. one. I'm already brainstorming who needs to appear this St. Nicholas Day!
The best part?
You too can get a Saint Softie! Erin has generously donated a Guardian Angel to a lucky winner here at For Where E'er We Go.

To enter, please leave a comment below telling me which Saint Softie is your favorite.
For additional entries, you may blog about the giveaway (one extra entry), post a link on Facebook (one extra entry), just made sure to add the link to the blog or FB post.
Also, for every person you send over to enter the giveaway, you may also have an extra entry! Just make sure a new commenter says who sent them!
This giveaway will be open until the Feast of Pentecost, June 12th at Noon. Good luck!
A Big Thank You to Erin at Saintly Silver for her generous donation of a giveaway. The review items were purchased by me on various occasions.
This review is my own opinion and no compensation was received. Well except for helping my children develop a devotion to the Communion of Saints!


Adorable! I love the Our Lady of Guadalupe one!
ReplyDeleteSeanda B.
Wow, she has a ton! Love St. Therese of Lisieux
ReplyDeleteI'm partial to St. Joseph since, if this new baby is a boy, he will be named Joseph! They are all so adorable, I NEED some for James' Mass bag! :)
ReplyDeleteIt has to be Our Lady of Fatima. Absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeing June, I'm going with the Sacred Heart of Jesus. These are cute!
ReplyDeleteSt. Matthew for my baby boy
ReplyDeletenicole.umberson@yahoo.com
Those look so awesome. I browsed through her website the last time you mentioned her (maybe on F&F as part of the comments of what to put in an Easter basket, though it could of been another time). The Sacred Heart of Jesus one looks really awesome; I should think about getting it especially because I go to Sacred Heart Parish ;)
ReplyDeleteSt. Faustina!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh oh oh! I have been dying for a reason to buy Miriam one of these :) I would get Our Lady of Guadalupe, because she was born on that feast day!
ReplyDeleteman, as I was going thru, I kept thinking, wow look at st. Luke, look at st. Joan of Arc, or golly, I've got to get with st Rose of Lima, or st rita. this was especially difficult because mykids are climbing all over me to get my attention away from the softies! But I think I like the Immaculate Heart softie the best.
ReplyDeleteOh, these are all so wonderful, it's hard to choose a favorite. But, I'd have to go with St. Aidan...that's my son's name! (Well, not the St. part, at least not yet).
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kim F.
I LOVE these!! Thank you so much for finding and sharing these treasures! I think I'm going to have to drop a link to grandma, lol.
ReplyDeleteI would pick St. Joseph - what a loving father/son pose!
Oh, my daughter would be delighted to have a St.Claire softie! These are adorable; I just sent the link to all my friends! :)
ReplyDeleteI've long admired the saint softies! While every one is cute, we'd love St. Teresa of Avila for our little Teresa.
ReplyDeleteOur Lady of Lourdes is my favorite!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are so lovely, I'd almost like to close my eyes, choose any one of them, and be surprised! But my special needs dd could really use the St Therese of Lisieux,; her patron...
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these with us!
Heidi
this is for Kira @ Marriage in the Waters:)
ReplyDelete(some people are having lots of trouble commenting )
this is for Liz @ Maverick Mama
ReplyDeleteSaint Softie - Mary. Love them all, but she's amazing.
ReplyDeleteThis is for Lenetta @ Nettacow
Adorable! She's become a new favorite etsy shop! I love the pink guardian angel and nativity angel one for our upcoming baby girl, and might have to splurge on a Saint Luke (for one son) and the Good Shepherd (for the other son) and Our Lady of Lourdes (for me! :) Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBest,
Sarah
PS - Lenetta sent me here via facebook link
for lenetta's FB referral :)
ReplyDeleteI love all of them! I'm happy to see so many different saints available. And for some reason, I find St. Faustina especially adorable.
ReplyDeleteI love all of them. And I'm so happy to see so many different saints represented. St. Faustina is especially adorable. :-)
ReplyDelete