Thursday, April 14, 2011

I've Already Heard Some of These


And he's not even deployed yet.

Things Not to Say to a Military Wife

Of course, I'm not such a fan of the last one.

I know that I personally, appreciate the empathy behind an "Oh, I'm so sorry" comment, which is much much better than a comment trying to portray understanding, ala "My husband travels a lot, I know what its like" (which, personally, tends to make me stabby).

In happier news, I'm trying to talk Mr. 2nd Lt. into a redeployment vacay to the happiest place on earth. At least, on the East Coast....

3 comments:

  1. So what should we say? We'll be praying for all of you, of course. (And really, thanks, because I know our world is safer because of all the people like your hubs.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol lenetta, that? is perfect :) the prayers are much, much appreciated.

    it just reminds me of what happens when someone dies and people dont know what to say - like everyone means well, but all too often they just end up with a foot in the mouth :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get yourself a sturdy set of sacrifice beads because you'll need it. But don't forget that it'll take you about a month to get your feet on the ground before you realize what it'll truly take to get through the deployment. You can do it. You're much stronger than you're giving yourself credit. I can see it already. I'll tell you that I've already broken two rosaries from praying so much (well, one broke because I got really angry and instead of hitting the wall, I prayed but ended up YANKING the beads along. Ooops)You can do this hon. Embrace the suck, it'll help the time go faster. :)

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!