Seriously, folks, I love their website. I have been making family photo albums with them since the Boyo was born, and thanks to my chore list, have been faithfully updating this year's album so that I will be all ready to print it in January.
Thus, when Shutterfly announced their Christmas promotion to promote their 2010 Christmas Card collection - blog about their great products and receive 50 free cards - I said, "Brag about all the cool stuff I've made on Shutterfly and get free stuff? Sold!"
(Ps. Huge families on both sides plus lots of friends plus cute kids to show people at Christmas equals lots of postage. We like free around here!)
As I said, I have done their photo albums in the past because I love how I can choose how many pictures to shove in each page, what sorts of backgrounds, fonts and colors to use and so on. I have also done both boy's birth announcement as a photo card (Pumpkin's is pending - ie. will be arriving with the Christmas card. I know, I know, super late. Iz sorry.) Not to ruin the surprise, but I chose this one because I needed lots of space to show off pictures of my cute little man.

Some of their gift ideas that I have tried in the past include photo calendars, as well as their photo puzzles because I have grandparents who love doing puzzles and hello, can you say, easier Christmas gift not to be found? We'll be trying this one again this year!
I am excited to try their large prints once I pick some from the amazing family photo shoot we had done, because I have huge wall spaces to fill and think some poster sized pictures will fill them quite nicely.And, of course, the Christmas photo card. I truly love getting photo cards in the mail (Aww, look how cute they are. Quick glance around. Cuter than mine? Nah!) at Christmas and New Year's time and I also love planning and editing our own card. Obviously, I tend toward a more religious look to our card, but some of their festive Christmas cards are also super cute.




Its not too late to do your own Christmas cards on Shutterfly, not to mention get some last minute great gifts for grandparents and such. Their shipping is super fast and they always have good coupon codes. Christmas, after all, hasn't even started yet - its still Advent! - and it lasts all the way until January 6th. Think liturgically! You could make it an Epiphany greeting and help people extend their celebrating.
I'm excited to get mine done this weekend and mail them out. Check your mailboxes soon...



so jealous you've been keeping up on the photo book. It takes me hours just to upload the photos and HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS (and very tired eyes) to finish one. Oy.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I cannot decide on a card. I gave hubs two choices. I don't like the one he picked, he doesn't like the one I picked.
Back to the drawing board...
That is very good you keep up with photo books. I still have my son's and our wedding (!) photo book ready in qeue to buy but am afraid to part with the money! We use Shutterfly all the time, and def. love it! We typically use their religious themed card but this year went a little more holiday-ish. One question: how do you divide your albums? by year? by child? I was going to do it like school year books (ex: 9/2006-9/2007). Any ideas!? Beautiful birth announc. btw!
ReplyDeleteHey, I did this promotion and it was great. I also did a promotion for a free 8x8 hardcover photo book just for filling out a review on Trip Advisor. Stalk the internets to see if that's still running because it was an awesome deal. I should've combined it with my cards to save on shipping, but didn't have all my pictures ready to to go. However, my 7-year-old nephew is gonna FLIP when he gets his "Christopher and his Aunt Cat" book for Christmas! It is gorgeous. I really do love Shutterfly; they do an amazing job.
ReplyDelete