Sunday, December 19, 2010

Come Thou Long Expected Jesus


Happy Fourth Sunday of Advent - whew. It's almost over. One little week left before angels sing and shepherds watch and the kings make their way.

How much like the end of a pregnancy this season of Advent has become. The nesting has quieted down, the preparations are all but complete and now, we sit. And wait.

In prayer, we hope - Come, thou long expected Jesus. Come!


O Radix Jesse, that stands for an ensign of the people,
before whom the kings keep silence
and unto whom the Gentiles shall make supplication:
come, to deliver us, and tarry not.



For fun: what are your plans for Christmas Eve/Day - when does your family go to Mass? I'll start in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. We'll spend Christmas Eve with my in-laws, then Christmas Day Mass is at 9AM then dinner with Hubs's extended family. The next day, we'll hop in the car and head out to spend several days with my family. I still have a few presents left to make, but I'm really looking forward to the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We plan to get Christmas pictures of the boys taken Christmas Eve morning - I'm thinking noone else will be doing thus, thus no craziness! Ask me again on Friday.

    And, brilliantly, I am doing so in Christmas jammies.


    Then, early bed, slash late nap because we are headed to our 4th annual midnight Mass, possibly with my inlaws (they aren't Catholic, so not sure if they plan to join us).

    Christmas Day, I have nothing planned but wassail, Danielle Bean's Christmas Eve cinnamon buns and ham. relax, relax, relax. it. shall. be. glorious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!