Tuesday, November 2, 2010

And Let Perpetual Light Shine Upon Them

Today is the Feast of All Souls.

On this solemnity to recall and pray for the Holy Souls, I invite you to pray this prayer today (maybe even more than once) for all those in Purgatory, especially those with no one else to pray for them, that they might be cleansed of imperfections and ready to greet their Heavenly Father in the pure white robe that they received at their baptism.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord. And let Perpetual Light shine upon.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.







Please feel free to include the names of your own beloved dead that you would like me to pray for today in a comment below and I will make sure to include them in my prayers when we attend Mass.

1 comment:

  1. That prayer never fails to raise big goosebumps whenever I remember to say it. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!