Thursday, October 21, 2010

Today, I Believe...

... that newborn baby smell should be bottled and sold.

... that postpartum hormones and pre-deployment meetings are lethal combination. I mean, I'm sure those meetings are never fun, but add the mama to a two-week old to the mix and things like "combat pay" and "deployment clock" result in teary eyes.

... my family needs to live closer.

... that I am ridiculously excited for my son's baptism in 3 weeks - Mr. 2nd Lt. has off work for a few days, we get to see family, including Boyo's cousin he's only met one time (she is 3 days younger than him), and Pumpkin's godparents. Not to mention, I'll be trading in my pagan baby for a shiny, fresh one with a squeaky clean soul! The only thing better than newborn baby smell is newborn chrismated smell.

... that I am also ridiculously excited to eat some cake. They've made my wedding cake and my parents' anniversary cake last summer and they do not disappoint. Priorities, right?

... I am also ridiculously excited for family of four portraits with this amazing woman. We went to high school together and she not only takes great pictures, but she makes cute babies too!

... that apparently, boys are never too young to communicate "really, Mama, really? Are you seriously taking a picture of this?"


... that I make must make cream instead of milk because I have 12 ounces more of baby than I was given only two weeks ago!

... that I am on schedule to be done Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving (assuming that is, my family gets it in gear with the name picking. Hear that all you aunts and such who read this? Pick already! ) and it feels soooo. good.

... that two weeks go by in a heartbeat when they are spent snuggling two handsome boyos.

... that those same two weeks also go by quickly when you don't get much sleep - it all blurs together....

... that not only is MCCW filled with dinner-bearing angels, but they are angels who make deeelicious food to boot!



Come on over to Sally's and share what you believe this week!

3 comments:

  1. Right back at ya with the whole making cute babies! What a sweet post!!! Thanks girlie...I look forward to seeing you again after so long and meeting all your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya on the new baby smell! SOOOO intoxicating!!! If you need anything, PLEASE email me!!! I've got some small Sandy's (Motherease) for you to try. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about the baptism and apparently The Cakery, too!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!