... that there is nothing so cozy as snuggling between my husband and our little pumpkin all night long. God bless the family bed.
... that Mama guilt sets in early with two - is my Boyo getting enough attention; it feels like I'm not loving on him enough; oh poor Baby, you have to wait so much longer when you cry than my first one did, etc etc.
... that Mama pads and cloth nursing pads are soooo much more comfortable than regular pads. And so much more pretty, too!

... that apparently, our sons just look darn good in yellow - I blame inheriting incompatible bloodtypes from their Papa.
... that gulpgulpgulp is the sweetest little sound.
... brotherly love is a beautiful thing.... until he realizes that Baby will one day take his stuff.
... that the crazy crunchy Catholic circle is really oh so small and familial - how else would the MCCW Biblestudy ladies have found out I had my baby a DAY later without a peep from me? One MCCW Mama's friend lives in DC and randomly reads my blog; she then calls said friend to ask if they knew me. And, loandbehold, the next day I get a comment on my blog and a message on my machine - when would you like your meals? Definitely enough to make this postpartum Mama teary-eyed.
... that postnatal visits in your house is outofthisworld amazing. Why did we move away from this model of medical care again?
... that I love using Boyo's old clothes again. So many wonderful, adorable memories. And, that I must be a touch of the crazy if I can look at Joey in the gender neutral greens and yellows and think, Hmmm, this would definitely be girly if she had a matching hairbow in her hair at the same time.
... that breastfeeding is convenient and wonderful, but man is it sore in the beginning. Ouch! However, I am (cautiously) optimistic that it's already getting better, which is much sooner than before.
... short labors are by far preferable to other lengths (even with unexpected results).
... that I probably shouldn't be so amused to watch a baby go from content and sleepy to OhmygoodnessIamravenouslystarving,whydoyouneverfeedmewoman in 1.2 seconds. But I am. And I chuckle. Then, of course, I nurse him.

I think Sally has been out of town this week, but this post's idea was stolen from her :)


<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeleteDitto the mom guilt!!! Aaand the little brothers who will some day steal their stuff!!! Aaand the home birth/ home care thing!
ReplyDeleteOh Gosh! You just are going to make me cry now, and my reputation will be ruined!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, Lina, getting out of the house will get better, though I have still not comes to terms with how long it takes to get 2 kids dressed, nursed, changed, fed, dressed, watered, changed, stuff gathered, shoes put on, shoes put back on, nursed again, watered, in sweaters and out the door to the car. and then there's the 10 minute lag that I can not explain between walking out the door and turning on the car. But you put it in your schedule and then you are fine. Plus remember, as the mom of 2, neither kid is getting exactly what they would have gotten without the other - but the blessing that they are getting in siblings more than makes up for it. Whatever you can do (and stay sane. sanity is key in parenting.) is wonderful because you are giving your whole self and a sibling to each of them. You should see how Theo and Lucia look at each other and giggle. siblings are the best gift a parent can give. After good catechizes. and modeling humility, love of God, and sacrificial love of neighbor. That's all. So, really, I'm just hoping that the kids will be grateful that they have a lot of siblings.
ReplyDeleteFinally, how long did you wait before bothering me for a birth story? Repeatedly? :b
Over the moon for you all!! Love these early days (and the later ones too) even with the pain... babies fresh from Heaven are such a gift.
ReplyDeleteLove this! Your experience sounds so beautiful :) Congrats on the new little guy, mama! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm rocking cloth nursing pads and really wishing I had invested in cloth pads for PP bleeding as well. Will def buy some before I get my period again. Wearing a paper pad constantly is what a disposable diaper must feel like - no fun.
ReplyDeleteI love our family bed (yay, co-sleeping!) too, but it feels like I don't get any actual sleep in it.
My boy was jaundiced due to his dad too! Apparently Asian babies are more likely to be yellow - haha!
An in-home post-natal visit sounds nice, but getting out of the house the first couple weeks was also nice!
Also: Just realized the name of your blog... My newborn son's name is Sebastian! :)