Friday, September 24, 2010

Housewifery Friday: Cleaning Fail?

Can someone please explain why I keep finding maggots - tiny, one millimeter white (crunchy when smooshed) maggots on my kitchen floor?

Yes, I said maggots.

Not only do I try super hard to keep my house clean, but I do. not. do. bugs.

They appear to be coming from nowhere.

They are (praise heaven) only on the floor.

They are the most disgusting thing ever. In the history of disgusting.

And not only do they make me feel like the dirtiest housekeeper of all time, but I cannot figure how to make them stop appearing since I don't know from whence they come.

((Shudder)).

Help?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate hate hate maggots! They are the most disgusting bug! Maybe there's a dead mouse or something somewhere? Ew, I hope you are able to get rid of them quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maggots are baby flies...do you have a lot of flies? Maybe you should call a pest control company. We use Home Team Pest Defense and their sprays are safe for kids and pets

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had that happen once (lots of black huge flies in an old apartment). We thought they came in on our Christmas tree, BUT there was a dead squirrel (very dead!) and the flies were hatching from it! They came up thru the vents...I would get that looked at, def.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES - we have had crazy amounts of flies. They just sneak in when you open the door!

    Picerne will spray for bugs and stuff, so I thought about calling the housing office, but I didn't know where to tell them to spray...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a shot in the dark... but maybe they're getting tracked in from outside?

    ReplyDelete
  6. no... because they are ONLY in the kitchen and while some have been near the sliding glass door we NEVER go out back.

    i haven't seen anymore today... maybe i smushed them all?

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!