Sunday, August 1, 2010

October Sounds Much Further Away


Well, Pumpkin is 15.7 inches long and the size of a cabbage.

(mmm, who wants a Reuben with coleslaw after that? anyone? Ps. Mom? Now, I want you to make Reubens when you come visit next week!)

This means I'm 30 weeks pregnant.

In case math hurts your head (as it currently does mine - silly pregnancy brain), that means there are only 10 weeks left.

(Ohmigoodness, maybe less. Boyo was early. ((Panic Attack)) )

I am truly incapable of thinking about that terribly hard because I start to get all Type-A, OCD freaked out.

Its not like there is anything to really even stress about - baptism plans are coming along nicely (November 14th if you want to come!); double stroller decisions are pretty insignificant in the scheme of things (not that I need one, especially right away; actually, we do kind of know, but the two we like are both insanely expensive. But I digress); I have no meals planned or stored for post-baby (can I just say how sad I am that there is no list of people signed up for meals like there was in Cali? And can I also say how you can't freeze meals ten weeks in advance so what is my problem?).

See? What is my problem?

Like Qoheleth reminded us this morning in the first reading: Vanity of vanities! All things are vanity!

I need to worry about spiritual preparation less than material readiness for Pumpkin's arrival anyways.

And, in light of that, its much easier to think that he will not arrive until October instead of in only. ten. short. weeks.

Sitting in my porch rocker enjoying a cool summer's night breeze, October just sounds so much more distant than 10 weeks. We are still in the midst of pools, watermelons, splash pads and late bedtimes; October is the season of changing leaves, pumpkin patches and brisk fall nights (oh and preparing All Saints Costumes!).

So, lucky for me, I have plenty of time....

2 comments:

  1. My friend also is thirty weeks this week..I forget her exact due date. Be strong and know you can do it. . .as for meals, I hear Panera takes pick up orders. :) Thinking of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmigosh, don't tease me! we dont HAVE A PANERA!! i sometimes cry myself to sleep at night...

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!