Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tappa, Tappa, Tappa

Hear that?

Its the sound of my happy dance.

Had a meet and greet with our new, homebirthing, legal!, midwife today - so much crunch and natural childbirth in one room.

I almost squealed outloud, but contained myself.

Barely.

Wooohoooo!


On a separate note, sad note - looks like the closest parishes are THIRTY minutes away (multiple options, different directions).

So are other marks of civilization - Target, Joann's, Starbucks, and Barnes and Noble - you know, the essentials.

Apparently, we live in the boonies!

5 comments:

  1. Sister... I live in the boonies for realz. There are no essentials around here. But San Antonio, here I come!! :)

    I hope you have a wonderful time exploring your new duty station! And find some treasures along the way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) whats the dealio with posts being close to nothing? don't they know us military folk like us some fun stores? :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! Glad you found what you were looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats! Good luck setting up house...I will email you my parents'/uncle's contact info if you ever need anyone nearby (or would like a free meal!). Have a great Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linked to your blog through Kristen Laurence's and see that you and your family are now at Ft. Bragg. My husband and I spent nearly five years there, (PCS'd to Ft. Lewis last summer) and I can give you any pointers you may need about the area. We belonged to St. Michael's Maronite Catholic Church (we learned that most of the congregation is Roman Catholic like us, just looking for a more traditional Mass in NC). It's in the Haymount area, like you're heading towards downtown. Very small, conservative parish, fantastic priest, lots of older folks who get giddy when children join the parish. :) Feel free to email me if you want to chat. jcb8b@hotmail.com.

    God bless,
    Julie (Catholic wife of Capt. Brad and mom of two little girls) :)

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!