Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Honey, This Means You're Old

Ten years ago this very night, I walked up the road in front of a friend's house in Mechanicsburg, PA as a tall, handsome knowitall recent high school graduate stepped out of his mother's red 1992 Acura Integra.

And, the rest, as they say in that land of magic we will someday be returning to, is history. What a meet-cute it was though, folks, to be sure!

Happy 10 Years of Us, Husband of Mine. Here's to 100 more.

The weekend we met - June 2000
I was in my "only wear pajamas all the time" phase.

This phase may or may not have lasted until 2004.


Summer we met

My Senior Homecoming Fall 2000
("just friends." Perhaps because of that puffy white shirt?)


My Senior Prom - now, we're more than friends!


Who looks worse here?
Chubby sweaty me? Or whoknowswhyhe'sirritated boyfriend?

Mexico 2003
Feeding each other cake since January 1, 2005



Vegas Summer 2005.
One visit was definitely more than enough.



Disneyland 2005

Koln, Germany - World Youth Day 2005
See that look?
Its the "Why in the world did we agree to take 10 teenagers who never sleep to Europe" look.



Mr. 2nd Lt's 1st Communion & Confirmation Easter 2006
Welcome Home to Rome!


Hawaii 2007

All Saints Day 2007
Do you know how hard it was to find a couple/pregnant saint?
Of course I did. Did you doubt me?



Three is a Magic Number


One year of three-dom

Mr. 2nd Lt. graduates BCT 2009


Christmas 2009 OCS

Becoming a Mr. 2nd Lt 2010

And we're still growing :)

8 comments:

  1. That first pic cracks me up! You just met and he is snuggled up to you! Maybe it was the pjs?? Your hair is extremely cute short!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute!
    Congratulations! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures. Two of the places I've been at myself! ;-)
    Congrats to you and a big hooray to the next 100 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! Love all the great pictures you have! Enjoy your ten year date-aversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Mary C.!

    I took two (maybe three) of those pics. : )

    Congratulations on 10 years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 10 years! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! :) Panera with the fam was a perfect celebration for us simple folk :-p

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!