Monday, April 26, 2010

Bumpin' Avocado

Now that I'm far enough along to make this interesting, I thought I'd start doing one of these when I feel like it. :)


How far along? 16 weeks

How big is baby? 3.5 fat little ounces, 4.5 little inches (head to bum tho, we haven't graduated to full length measurements yet)

Total weight gain/loss: -1/2 lb

Maternity clothes? Oh yea. Try, at 13 weeks (ok, maybe 12); I didn't want to have anything constrict my waist (increased nausea) so after deciding 3 weeks of velour workout pants was just embarassing, my wonderful mother bought me my first pair of maternity jeans (capris!) and I haven't looked back! Oh, and leggings? My new best friend. I feel so cute and stylish with skinny legs under my belly tire! However, maternity tops? Sack tents, still.

Stretch marks? No... please no more!

Sleep: Ugh. What's that? I haven't slept longer than 3 or so straight hours since I took a pregnancy test. Sometimes I have to pee, sometimes I'm uncomfortable and need to change positions, and sometimes my internal clock just hates me.

Best moment this week:
Water tastes good again!

Movement: He has been moving for a few weeks now, but mostly brushes. Then, last night, thump. Baby foot made nice solid contact. Of course, ornery child that he is, he refused a repeat performance for his father.

Food cravings: Food, glorious food! How I missed you! Mmmm, goat cheese. MMMmmm, fresh smoothie. MMmmm, goat cheese. Oh, and I would pay some good money for In and Out. Good, good money....

Gender: He hasn't told us yet. Next month :)

Labor Signs: None, praise the Lord. Although I do get Braxton-Hicks every day. Makes me wonder if I had them last time and never noticed?

Belly Button in or out? Firmly in.

What I miss: oh, sleep. One day, we will indeed meet again.

What I am looking forward to: We have a midwife appointment on Thursday. I'm hoping it goes well with just me and the Boyo, since Mr. 2nd Lt. will most likely be in class - and I am always excited to hear a nice thumpthumpthump-ing heartbeat.

Weekly Wisdom: Found out that the midwifery legislation is slated to pass in June in North Carolina (hooah!) AND that the Nurse Midwife who was supposed to be moving away in May is no longer doing so. Looks like I have some choices! So, I am pseudo interviewing midwives via email and plan to try and meet with them when we go hunting for somewhere to live next month.

Milestones: Feeling real kicks!

2 comments:

  1. Great news on the midwife laws and timing!! And the midwife not moving?? Sounds like its going to work out fairly easily after giving you a scare!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYYY! I know how much you were looking forward to using a midwife - I'm happy it's looking like a real possibility. :)

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!