Friday, March 12, 2010

Things I've Been Meaning to Blog About

but haven't had the time or energy....

My son's newest favorite activity to chase the cats around the apartment in unholy glee with their [punishment] squirt bottle, squirting away. He's a pro-shot. Can you say water gun in the Easter Basket?

+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+

Newest pregnancy lesson learned - dry heaves are the.way. to be sick. Well, if you have to be sick, because obviously, preference would be for no sick. But anyways, gagging is accomplished with no teeth corroding bile. Everyone's a winner!

Other pregnancy lessons learned include:
The best [and only] way to relieve 1st trimester pregnancy sickness? Insanely congesting, sinus headache head cold! If only I could somehow market this...

Yes, you will feel like a huge [literally] bum-slob when you realize that for the last seven weeks, you've been wearing four pairs of pants - 2 pj bottoms, a pair of velour lounge pants and sweatpants. Every.single.day. minus 2 hours for Mass on Sundays. This is an unfortunate result of having no car because you share with your now working husband [and thus, have no where to go] combined with pregnancy bloating that makes you look (and feel!) 15-17 weeks instead of only NINE.

><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+

My husband is just the greatest. No particular reason. Just is.

><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+

My adorably cute son can indeed make his sign of the cross - although, it does often resemble a coach calling signals to the batter.

And yes, he still prays for the Borg. Faithfully.

><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+

Boyo starts gymnastics/tumbling class on Monday and I must say, I am ridiculously excited for him. Of course, his excitement level is minimal since his oblivion level is high, given his age. But still.


><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+

I am desperate for something good to read. Preferably fiction. Non-fiction that is hysterically funny (ala Jen Lancaster) or reads like fiction also works. I just can't go browse shelves at the library. I don't have the time or the patience. I need a title!



><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+

Does anyone else get giddy with excitement and glee when the Dominican Sisters of Nashville's Newsletter full of beautiful, happy, YOUNG nuns arrives in the mail and immediately pour over said pictures? And perhaps also email the sisters expressing the above sentiments the next day?

I'm just sayin'.



><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+

Next week is chock full of awesomeness - St. Patrick's AND St. Joseph's Feast Day AND Papa Joe, a solemnity (ie. no fasting!) is on a Friday this year. WOOHOO.

I need to get my sicky, non-cooky behind in gear and plan some yummy food.

And then, the following week? The Solemnity of the Annunciation, hopefully hearing Pumpkin's heartbeat and my parents will be visiting.



><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+

Can anyone explain why my kid is obsessed the Christmas carol - "The Little Drummer Boy" in March?

Anyone?

Bueller?

5 comments:

  1. Bueller? Bueller?


    At least mom and dad will be visiting! That should be awesome. I miss you

    A lot. I can't want to see you when I get home

    I love you. I love you a lot.

    Thanks for being my sister. You are quite wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy the book "The Color of Water" by James Mc Bride, not fiction, but I thought that it was an enjoyable, fast read. I thought that "The Divine Secreats of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood", and the follow up "Little Alters Everywhere" were hilarious. My mother-in-law read them after hearing me laugh all through them but she didn't find them nearly as funny as I did. Oh and the lame movie that was made captured none of the humor. All of these should be easy to obtain at your local library.
    LOL, Ryan will be happy to sing "Adeste Fidelis" for you at any given moment. Loudly. And not necessarily on key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. My all-time favorite! I highly recommend it! Also, anything by Pat Conroy (Prince of Tides and Beach Music being my favorites).

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! all we have to do is PICK UP the spray bottle and our cat goes NUTS. I had to laugh thinking of Owen squirting her for funsies.

    One of the best books I've ever read is The Glass Castle - but not sure its a great read for prego hormones.

    The Red Tent is also VERY good, from a feminism and faith perspective. One of my favorites.

    Jewish or not, my favorite thing about lent is FISH SANDWICHES FROM MCDONALDS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post seemed to bubble over with joy and totally made my day. Picturing your little guy going after the cat...oh man oh man!

    I lived in my velour pants, too.

    Also, there is another way to relieve 1st trim yuckies -- break out the stroller and go for long walks. Everybody will feel (and look) amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!