Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Some Pregnancy Odds and Ends

I had forgotten how food somehow conspires to betray me while I eat it - mm, I think to myself, a banana would be a perfect snack right now to combat this nasty nausea. Mmm, let me peel and eat you...

Three bites in:
GAG! Ugh, this is the most disgusting food on the planet! Mr. 2nd Lt., I can't even finish this, its so gross! Get it away from me!

And, its not just bananas - pretty much all food does this. I'm telling you, conspiracy.

+++++++++++++++

In my memory, the vomiting last go-round had been so frequent and awful that it had apparently eclipsed regular ol' nausea as the worst.possible.thing. about being pregnant. If only I didn't have to throw up, I thought, alldaylong sickness wouldn't be so bad.

HA!

While I have, indeed, yet to throw up (thank you St. Gerard!), the all day, all night long nausea is by no means better.

Its just a different sort of awful.

How Lenten :)

+++++++++++++++++++

I only gained 25ish lbs with Boyo, but have already begun to be concerned about weight gain this time.

Culprit?

The amazingly, wonderfully, out of this world outstandingly delicious Double Filet O Fish from McDonalds.

You know, the one that let me go to bed without feeling nauseous since mid-January?

Droool....

Of course, should I have another, there is hope that, like its foody brethren, it too will betray and become the nastiest food of all time.

Hope... is a thing with tartar sauce!

++++++++++++

Another thing that both Mr. 2nd Lt and I had forgotten is that pregnancy budgeting must apparently always include beau-coup bucks for takeout and Panera runs since I will never feel like cooking while sick.

And, I will be ravenously, nauseously hungry 20 minutes after leaving the house. Guaranteed.

I open the fridge and it mocks me.

+++++++++

It is possible to be both hungry and nauseous.

In the words of Bart Simpson, "this both sucks and blows."

+++++++++

Pregnancy Irony:

I am hesitant to paint my nails while pregnant because of the fumes being bad for baby, etc.

I recalled this fact last night, as I sat rubbing toxic, noxious shoe polish into my leather boots.

Hmmm.

++++++++++

Being pregnant again finally justifies all the perusing, browsing and comparing of baby gear that I've, um, been doing, since, um, before I was pregnant?

Baby stuff is just so fun. Its impossible to resist its aisles in Target or its pages on Amazon.

Its a sickness, really. I can admit it.

Especially now that I'm again allowed to indulge in it. :)

Or, publicly indulge in it, without shame!

In fact, I think I feel a necessary baby gear post coming. And perhaps the moms of multiples can suggest their musthaves for having more than one.....

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully the nausea goes away soon. I think it depends what you get. I knew many women who got nausea, threw up once or twice and then could continue on with their days. Me? I was nauseous day and night. I was pretty surly because I went to bed and woke up feeling sick. And I definitely remember being hungry and nauseous. Ramen noodles.

    I never got concerned with nailpolish. But scrubbing bubbles to clean the bathrooms? That made me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, if its like last time, i have about 12 more weeks... woohoo! :) thats ok tho, because I really do enjoy the rest of pregnancy.

    and exactly, its not a "little queasy in the morning" or "once I throw up I'm fine" sort of thing. going to bed is the worst - I've come to dread it :-p

    scrubbing bubbles would require me to clean the bathrooms...

    hmmm.... a 2nd trimester idea? :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I enjoyed reading this way too much. Here's hoping your nausea offerings are blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOUBLE Filet O Fish??
    That should be illegal. But it sounds delish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. its actually perfect because really, aren't you always the teensiest bit unsatisfied at the end of a regular fish filet - like, hey, i ate that in only 2 bites? :-p

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!