Friday, December 4, 2009

Finished Quilt #2


Same style as the first, different colors. Plus, I worked with both satin (not as hard as I thought) and metallic thread (never again).




This is for a friend who just got married; her colors were blue and silver (hence the metallic thread for the finishing. I did use grey for the normal sewing) and they are obsessed with Scouts, who apparently share with the Blessed Mother the Fleur de Lis emblem. Who knew?




I had big plans to quilt two wedding rings in the middle, but, um, circles are hard?

Thus, swirly crazys instead. :)

Also, the satin backing is actually leftover bridesmaid dress fabric. However, it didn't quite fit so I had to improvise some squares (rectangles?) to make it wide enough.


I'll be honest - I'm glad its over. Its time to do a different sort of quilt. I just need an occasion!

6 comments:

  1. See those blocks on the back you did ~ that essentially the wickedly easy quilt! You can think of an occasion, I know you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thanks! :) ps. those blocks on block? totally uneven :-p i am SO bad at measuring out strips and then sewing them evenly.

    i might try precut charm squares next time, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quilt!! LOVE it and love the colors and the fleur de lis...everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for popping over! :) and i'm so glad you like it. i've been afraid its kinda blah, so its good to hear that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really pretty - what great vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!