We cut out circles to draw/color the Jesse Tree ornaments that we don't yet own. My Jesse Tree (my own adaptation of various lists, including this one for those amazing O Antiphons! I'd be happy to put it up here for people to use, if someone could explain to me how to do that :)), calls for 29 ornaments, and we only have 7 "permanents" so far, so we're just doing homemade, toddler colored on the rest. I'm sure the toddler in Jesus appreciates that. :)
So, for those who are interested, here is the 2nd Lt. Family kick-off to the Advent Season, complete with Advent Calendar, Jesse Tree, Nativity and the Wise Men on their way!
And, for fun, our seasonal book basket, as well as Johnny's extra special stocking waiting for St. Nicholas next weekend!
(Who, ps., came early today with his Advent wreath and Advent calendar, since he wanted to make sure the Boyo had them right from the start! :) )
Oh, and like my new seasonal decor around here? :)
Check back soon, I am going to be adding an interactive Advent calendar that a friend has made!
Also, for more Advent activities and Advent Feast celebrations, please check out this amazingly detailed, user friendly Advent blog run by a Catholic Mama. It rocks!


Oh, it's going to be a wonderful Christmas season for your family!
ReplyDeleteYour decorations look beautiful... I didn't bring a thing with me to NY. Can you believe it?! My poor kids... Thankfully my mom said she would share :)
-Andrea
Very cute! My favorite was always having the wise men be far away from the manger until the epiphany!
ReplyDeleteOh Andrea, I'm sorry! Also, since you're in a cold place, you can go outside and steal, cough, i mean, gather!, holly branches and greens to put in the house - real stuff is so nice!
ReplyDeletealso - freecycle and craigslist! i've been trolling both because i realized that since we are having our first real (and full size) tree this year, i have no lights!
enjoy decorating!
And That Married Couple - I've never done traveling Wise Men before, mostly b/c I didn't have space, so its kinda fun :)