Monday, August 17, 2009

A Good Day

Sometimes, apparently, its possible to have a good day when your husband is many miles away. I had a lovely time at the Moms Club new members meeting (and Boyo had a huge fail in the sharing department, which amuses me :) ) and then, upon arriving at home, found out about a Mom's book club this fall at my parents' parish and THEN, discovered the apparently not-so-secret underground super Catholic homeschooling subculture at a neighboring parish. They have a moms' group/playgroup and the woman who founded it called me back and invited me over on Friday to meet her and a friend!


This super Catholic fun group (SCFG) could turn out to be lots of fun, no less because the woman on the phone essentially asked me if I would be interested in, um, RUNNING the thing this fall. Turns out, the founder is a little busy, oh, having her twelfth! bundle of joy quite soon (I almost squealed when I heard that. Fortunately, I managed to contain myself. But barely.) and the two woman who have been doing it are now going to busy homeschooling (squeal again!) and bearing their fourth fruit of their womb (another squeal). Soo.... we'll see. Truly, as long as they don't mind that I might have to leave sometime soonish, and if they don't mind me being very laid back, I wouldn't mind "leading" such a group. I have all kinds of fun sainty and virtuey themed preschool-y activities running around in my head that Johnny isn't quite ready for yet. And I would pretty much sell my left kidney for some good mama fellowship! So we'll see come Friday!


Then, to top off said day, I went to Trader Joes in the afternoon (and promptly spent the rest of poor Mr. SL's first paycheck that wasn't spent yesterday!). Oh man, have I MISSED that place! I did buy doubles of a number of things so that I don't have to go there quite so often since it is all the way in Annapolis, but I also, gulp, did some of that impulse shopping that certain husbands never really let me do. Hey, its healthy stuff! Wholesome, Trader Joe-y goodness! And, eating it reminds me of him. :)


And THEN! The cherry to the whipped cream to the ice cream that was today was two letters waiting for me when I returned from my beloved AND his address. Finally. Now, he can read all the exciting (question mark?) things we've been up to over here and how much we really do miss him, appreciate him and all his hard work and sacrifice, and love him, even from far away.

Today's only sour note (this pesky little bugger. At least, I think that's what it is) should hopefully be addressed tomorrow at the doctor's appointment I was able to secure today; here's hoping this doctor knows what she is doing and doesn't immediately tell me to just stop nursing!

Thank you, sweet Jesus, for such a grace-filled day.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A good day!

    I love those :)

    Here's to many, many more.

    Trader Joe's and I are GREAT friends! I just wish we were "in the same town" great friends. This long-distance stuff is for the birds!

    And might I add, HOORAY for and address!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!